Laura is awesome!! Her down to earth personality and judgement free counsel helps you feel more comfortable with sharing financial situations! She takes ALL things into account, such as making sure you’ve budgeted for personal money and any other goals your dreaming about. I would highly recommend Laura as a financial coach!!!
- Dear Ms. Laura Coleman
We would like to express our thanks for the work you have done for us this past year in regards to providing numerous personal financial counseling sessions for our unit. We were very impressed with the professional service and advice given to us, and how you tailored this specifically to suit our unit member’s current situations and future needs.
It is really refreshing to work with a financial counselor who is truly interested in ensuring that our Airmen are well versed on handling financial situations that may arise. Your professional and caring demeanor elicits my trust and respect and I gladly recommend your services.
J. BRANDON THOMPSON Lt Col, TN ANG
2. Please note that Ms. Laura Coleman is a valued asset to our command and provided extensive financial training and support to our Soldiers. She conducted numerous training sessions, providing detailed information on a variety of financial matters.
Ms. Coleman was extremely flexible in accommodating us to be available when our training schedule allowed time for her classes. She always offered one on one support to whomever needed assistance.
We had a number of Soldiers meet with her, and I always received positive feedback. She provides much needed support to all of us in navigating the complexities of the financial world, and I strongly recommend continuation of her services. We greatly appreciate her insight and guidance.
DAVID G. NICOLL
Health Services Officer
3. Ms Coleman taught multiple classes on the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) and the Blended Retirement System to all M Battery Marines (roughly 134 personnel).
Due to Ms Coleman’s classes several Marines within our unit enrolled, and began contributing to the TSP. As the unit Command Financial Specialist I had several Marines approach me after Ms Coleman’s classes in order to seek further information regarding finances/retirement/ and debt. Ms Coleman’s classes and presence have had a significant impact on our unit. Since Ms Coleman’s classes dozens of M Battery Marines have not only begun to contribute to the TSP but are now making sound financial decisions.
Personally Ms Coleman has taught me a significant amount about the BRS and the TSP. Due to the knowledge I have gained from Ms Coleman my Wife and I are on pace (for the first time) to maximize our 2018 contributions to both of our personal Roth IRA’s and to our TSP Roth (combined $29,500.00 and no debt). I am very proud of the aforementioned statement because we are a single income family of five.
Ms Coleman is not only an outstanding educator but also an outstanding person. Her positive attitude is contagious.
4. We received financial coaching from Laura Coleman. She did a marvelous job assisting us with setting goals and creating a plan to obtain them, which was something we had been wanting to do for a long time, actually for about 10 years or so. I loved it how Laura did not take sides, but listened to each of us as we explained our positions to her and helped us come up with compromises that enabled us as a couple to be on a path to achieving our financial goals.
We are very grateful that Laura listened to our concerns and taught us a system of money management that we can use to ease family conflicts and obtain our goals.
5. I have attended one of Laura’s financial coaching sessions and witnessed firsthand her professional attitude and caring disposition. She presented her material with knowledge and experience and is also a good listener. This makes people approach her with their financial problems and questions which she solves with intelligence and care.
Laura is not only good humored and friendly, but also is good at gauging other peoples’ level of knowledge and attitudes.
6. “She helped us answer the “tough” questions that really identified areas where we are spending well outside of our income.” Bethany S.
7. “Laura made the extra effort to make sure every question and concern I had was addressed. She was absolutely amazing and makes others in the same field look like beginners. I was so impressed with the progress I was able to make after visiting with her. All my questions were answered, and I feel a lot more confident and hopeful about the future.” Mariah H.
8. I have worked closely with Laura Coleman on many occasions over the last 3 years. While I was employed with Family Resource Agency I worked as Special Projects Manager. I had the opportunity to plan Head Start Parent Meetings and Trainings. I asked Mrs. Coleman to speak to my Head Start parents several times.
Head Start is a federally funded program that educates children ages birth to five years old. In addition to helping the children, Head Start prides itself in helping the entire family. This holistic approach makes Head Start very successful in helping both educate children in need and break the cycle of poverty by teaching parents to better take care of themselves. Head Start offers training for parents based on what they need. Financial training is most always at the top of the list!
As a trainer, Mrs. Coleman has a wonderful ability to break down finances and budgeting to a level that’s easy for a novice to understand while still engaging the attention of a more seasoned investor. When she trains, everyone involved learns something useful. In addition to being a wonderful financial mentor to Head Start parents, she‘s very pleasant to be around. I had the pleasure of serving with her on the Policy Council this past year. When the Chairperson could not be there, Mrs. Coleman jumped in as acting Chairperson showing professionalism and flexibility. She does a great job in any capacity speaking to people!!
I would be happy to further discuss. Feel free to call me.
Laura Lloyd Boyd